MyKiteBeach forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras

2 posters

Go down

Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras Empty Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras

Post by Flysurfer Sun May 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Well got back Sat. night. One day early. Wind was crap on Fri. so we decided to leave early. Wind blew 30+ mph Fri,Sat. Sun, Mon. and Tues. No wind Wed. nice to have a rest. Great wind again on Thurs. Put the sun to bed 2 nights. Temp. 24 to 28C No real late nights. Good food, cold beer and great company. Wish you all could have joined us. Lost a couple of kites in the process. Not mine. I almost got killed at the day park when buddy just up and let my kite go. Did a couple of kite loops and just about cleaned the beach. I'm going to find it hard to put a wet suit back on.

See you at the beach.
Flysurfer
Flysurfer

Back to top Go down

Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras Empty Re: Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras

Post by Gavin Sun May 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Hatteras is great when it's happening, no doubt. Some of the guys from Halifax who went down recently only had wind 2 days. That's a long drive for 2 days of riding!

Today makes 4 days in a row of kiting here in Halifax. Almost a record! Yesterday, out on the Sp2 19m and today riding the waves with a 9m Warroo and surfboard....it's all good.

So Mr. Flysurfer, what FS kites do you own? I've got a few- P3 10m, Sp 2 15m & 19m. Having some trouble with the 15m- may send it away for tuning.

I doubt you'll have much trouble putting on a wetsuit first time you see 20kts. on the water, eh?!

Cheers
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras Empty Re: Back from the Land of Sun and Wind...Hatteras

Post by Flysurfer Mon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm

I've got the pulse 10m and the speed2 15. My s2 works and flies great. Had a really good down winder with the s2 15 with the mako 150. Wind was about 13-15kts, nice and steady. Jumping it was amazing in that wind. I didn't think I would come down. What is the problem with your s2 15.
Flysurfer
Flysurfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Tue May 11, 2010 10:10 am

Ever since changing the all pulleys and yellow pulley lines the kite is very unstable. I've performed the mixer test several times (moving C main in 1cm increments), checked all the obvious stuff, and still can't restore the stability it had when new.

I'm going to replace the tip sparepart lines (running thru steel rings at wing tips) and see if it helps. The wing tips fold in dramatically if the least bit of tension is taken off the lines- such as in hard landings, or even pushing the bar out too much.

I hope this works! Any suggestions? I'm getting frustrated.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Wed May 12, 2010 8:25 pm

I measured the tip spare part lines (running thru steel rings) and found they are 10/ 11cm. shorter than they should be. They shrink as they wear. Hopefully replacing these lines will solve the problem.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down