MyKiteBeach forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI!

3 posters

Go down

May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI! Empty May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI!

Post by Gavin Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Hey all, there are about a dozen of us (maybe more) from the Halifax area heading to PEI for the Victoria Day weekend May 21-24. Waiting to hear if Crystal Beach Campground is open yet, otherwise probably staying at Clearview Motel and Cottages. Both are very near Malpeque Bay- kiters paradise, and quite affordable.

These trips to PEI are always fun. Anyone from NB going to make it?! Everyone is welcome.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI! Empty Re: May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI!

Post by Gavin Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 pm

The long weekend forecast looks excellent- sun and wind! Everyone is camping at Crystal beach Campground- full facilities. There are a bunch of us from N.S. going for sure.

I bought a few buoys to set up a course race on Malpeque Bay. Triangular Course with the fourth buoy running parallel to the first for a start/ finish line. Should be worth a laugh or two. There will be no rights of way observed! It's a race. Ha!

See you all out there.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI! Empty Re: May 21 long weekend Kiteboarding trip to PEI!

Post by oldrookie Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Oh man, sounds great.... but it turns out I have to work Friday (24 hours shift), and then I have to be in Truro on Sunday. Mad Oh well, next time for sure. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
oldrookie
oldrookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm

That was an awesome trip. I've kited in quite a few places and I can say Malpeque Bay, PEI has world class kiting conditions. 2 days (and nights) of steady SW 20knots. Miles of waist deep WARM flat water. F...ing perfect.

Had some pro photographers with us. They took @ 3,000 shots on day 2. And some of 'em are excellent. We'll post them asap.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvan Wed May 26, 2010 10:49 am

Hey Gavin,

What a weekend to be there, I looked at the wind all weekend and it drove me nuts that we did not go. We had a blast here too, but certainly would've been fun to be there.
Yvan
Yvan
Admin

http://www.mykitebeach.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down