MyKiteBeach forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kite pumps fixable?

4 posters

Go down

Kite pumps fixable? Empty Kite pumps fixable?

Post by frankm Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 am

I got two pumps that are broke now. When I plug the nozzle while pumping I can still push the handle all the way down, not sure where the air is escaping. When I do that with my working pumps I can hardly budge the handle. I'm guessing the seal around the shaft is gone but I can't tell for sure.

I've cleaned them up and re-oiled and they still don't work.

I'm guessing it's a lost cause but I thought I'd ask before I throw them out.
frankm
frankm

Back to top Go down

Kite pumps fixable? Empty Re: Kite pumps fixable?

Post by Mike Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:56 pm

If it's the seal on the piston, which it sounds like it is, I think it's done. I've not heard of a fix for this other than maybe trying to find a replacement but that may be more work than it's worth.

I have a brand new Cabrinha pump for sale - $40 and I also have an older Cab pump that has a crack in the side but as far as I know the piston assemply is A-1. You can have that... if it'll fit anyways.

Mike
Mike
Mike

http://www.darksidekites.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by oldrookie Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:32 pm

I fixed mine, I used epoxy around the seal on the top of the pump.
But, not sure what the problem is with yours. May I suggest that dual action pumps are at wallymart or crappy tire for 20 bucks.
oldrookie
oldrookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Totally not worth trying to fix! And I speak from experience. I tried reviving a Cabrihna pump after it got soaked in salt water using the following methods: rinse with fresh water and dish soap and dry with hand towel, lubricate with pneumatic oil/ peanut oil/ vaseline. Nothing worked!!!! The gasket got soft and useless.

In the end, it's not worth risking a sick session cuz you pump won't pump. Walmart $15.00- Coleman. Enough said.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by frankm Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:49 am

What bugs me is they weren't that old and I still can't figure out how they work!! grrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad
frankm
frankm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down