MyKiteBeach forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*SAFETY ISSUES*

3 posters

Go down

*SAFETY ISSUES* Empty *SAFETY ISSUES*

Post by girlygirl Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 am

I have noticed since last summer some of issues. Please return to yours basics of your iko classes and if you do not have your level 1 to 3 please refer to someone who has.

1- when lauching make sure there is no one or object in your radius. Lauching on the beach towards the water is the best way. At cap cocagne no lauching on grass... issues are the boat trailers (if your lines catch on it... you can lose control and please notice that the power lines are right behind you!!! very very dangerous....

2- when your kite is on the beach please secure the kite and pick up your lines.

3- at caissie cape, lauching in the water (or beach) depending on the tide!! Even if high tide, roll your lines and unroll in the water and your laucher just has to be a bit patient... ISSUES ARE THE POWER LINES AND ROCKS!! (walking with the kite in the air on the rocks is dangerous, one slip on the rocks with a powered up kite.... use your imagination...)

** on the beaches there are non kiters and kids on the beach... Please be aware of your surrounding! This summer we will be putting more emphises on security!!

We have a daughter that comes with us once and a while but she knows not to go under or close to kite without us but we need for all kiters to be aware of others!! When it comes to the safety of children there is zero tolerance (either my child or someone else child). I would like to appoligize if my message is a bit harsh but this is the reality. Since last summer, we have seen mistakes and dangerous situation that could have been worst.

SAFE KITING EVERYONE!!!
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
ANNE
girlygirl
girlygirl

Back to top Go down

*SAFETY ISSUES* Empty Re: *SAFETY ISSUES*

Post by drevil Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks for the reminder. This is specially important at Caissie Cape. With people on the shore it's not the most secure place to launch and land depending on the tide. I've only been there few times and i saw some close calls a least 3 times. AND THEY WERE NOT ACCIDENT BUT PEOPLE NOT BEING SMART . It take one accident and we'll lose the site.

Ride safe.

Dan

drevil

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverCartel Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 pm

chu vraiment heureux tu mentionne sa acause moi j'ai fait une coupe de chose que tu as mentioner pi s'aurais pu tourner mal

Martin
SilverCartel
SilverCartel

Back to top Go down

Post by girlygirl Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 pm

My message is in general! I have seen experienced riders who are just becoming careless or a bit to confident also!!

Sometimes also riding to close to shore, and also jumping in just a couple of inches of water...

But just safe riding for everyone!!

I still all like you guys!! Very Happy and also the girls

Anne
girlygirl
girlygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down